Picking one of the best protein powders becomes essential as you would not want to spend your money and still get low quality protein. So, here are reviews of top-notch proteins available in the market to help you make the right choice.
- List of Best Protein Powders:-
- Top 4 Best Protein Powder Reviews 2020
- Protein Powder Buying Guide
List of Best Protein Powders:-
|Protein Powder Name||Key Factors||Price|
|#1 BSN SYNTHA-6||Multi-functional protein||Check Price|
|#2 Muscle Pharm Combat||Lean muscle growth||Check Price|
|#3 Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass||For serious weight gain||Check Price|
|#4 Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard||Faster digestion protein||Check Price|
Top 4 Best Protein Powder Reviews 2020
It is an excellent protein powder by BSN Sports which includes all the essential amino and the fatty acids and works as a great nutritious and multi-functional protein supplement. The key features of this protein powder are mentioned as follows.
- It is the BSN SYNTHA-6 Protein Powder with Chocolate Milkshake and gives 48 Servings i.e. 22g protein per serving.
- It provides about 5 grams of fiber per serving.
- It provides 10 grams of essential amino acids per serving.
- It also produces rich and creamy milkshake taste and texture.
- It promotes muscle protein synthesis and supports recovery.
- It is available in about 10 flavors and is delicious in taste.
- It can be used as a post-workout recovery shake or a protein supplement any time of day.
- It is helpful in enhancing the overall benefits of your supplementation and workout regimen.
- It supports muscle growth.
- It supports nutrition and helps to kick-start the recovery process.
- It does not contain any caffeine.
- The overall dimensions of this protein shake jar are 8 x 8 x 11 inches.
- The total weight of this protein shake jar is 5 pounds.
It is a protein powder by Muscle Pharm which is efficient and ideal for maximizing lean muscle growth and recovery ensuring proper protein utilization. The key features of this protein powder are mentioned as follows.
- It helps in maximizing lean muscle growth and recovery with only 25 grams of high-quality protein.
- It consists of fast, medium, and slow-releasing proteins.
- It has added digestive blend for ease of absorption.
- It also contains 5 powerful proteins plus added BCAA’s.
- It helps to build lean muscle mass.
- This protein powder is Gluten-free which ensures proper protein utilization.
- It is 25 grams of high-quality protein which has a great taste and is very easy to mix and form a shake which can be formulated for athletes and active people.
- It has been manufactured in the United States.
- It contains the BCAAs l-leucine, l-isoleucine, and l-valine which are helpful in maintaining, repairing and building the muscle tissue. L-leucine specifically to support protein synthesis and muscle growth.
- The L-Glutamine supports healthy immune systems, recovery, and muscle-building with Glutamine.
- The overall dimensions of this protein powder jar are 6 x 5 x 4 inches.
- The total weight of this protein powder jar is 4 pounds.
It is a mass gainer protein powder from Optimum Nutrition which is meant for serious weight gain purposes. The key features of this mass gainer protein powder are mentioned as follows.
- It contains a total of 1,250 calories per serving mixed with water and about 1,640 calories when blended into low-fat milk.
- It consists of over 250 grams of carbohydrates to fuel intense workouts and help replenish glycogen stores.
- It also includes 25 Vitamins and Minerals along with Creatine, Glutamine, and MCTs.
- It consists of less than 5 grams of fat per serving.
- It can also be used with added nuts, fresh or frozen fruits or any other calorie-contributing ingredient in the mixer to enhance the weight gain and muscle recovery speed.
- It can be taken between meals, after weight training or even before bed.
- The overall dimensions of this protein powder packet are 6.1 x 11.2 x 18.3 inches.
- The total weight of this protein powder packet is 14.1 pounds.
It is a whey protein powder by Optimum Nutrition which is a faster digestion protein and can be consumed post workout for muscle recovery and growth. The key features of this protein powder are mentioned as follows.
- It is the primary source of Whey Protein Isolates.
- It consists of about 5.5 grams of naturally occurring BCAAs.
- It also contains about 4 Grams of Naturally Occurring Glutamine and Glutamic Acid.
- It is also instantiated to mix easily using just a glass and a spoon.
- It is available in over 20 different flavors to choose from.
- Optimum Nutrition is the World’s most trusted sports nutrition brand.
- It contains 100% whey protein, 24g protein, 120 calories, 1g fat, and 3g carbohydrates.
- The overall dimensions of this protein powder packet are 8 x 8 x 10.8 inches.
- The total weight of this protein powder packet is 5 pounds.
Protein Powder Buying Guide
Almost every athlete or a fitness freak must have heard of the protein powder. Some people might also refer to this product like the protein shakes which come pre-mixed with the protein powders. Basically, the protein powders are great for muscle building and using as a product to raise up the protein content in one’s body. There are various nutrition companies that have launched various kinds of protein powders.
These protein powders are mostly water soluble. So, they can be taken with milk by mixing them in it or there are various other recipes that make use of the protein powder. It could be used if you need to build muscle for workout and training sessions. Or it can also be used as a protein supplement to spruce up the general protein content in your body.
Frequently Asked Questions
The protein powder is basically a nutritional supplement which is taken with milk, water or any other food item. It is mostly taken by athletes and the people who are into an intense workout at gym and training sessions. What the protein powder does is that it induces protein content in the body which contributes to the strength and stability of the body muscles.
In accordance with the types of protein, there are usually 3 types i.e. Whey, Soy, and casein. In most cases, whey protein is the one that is mostly used. The soy protein can be used by people who are vegetarians. Also, the protein powder supplement can also be used by normal vegetarians to fill up the protein content of the body. Along with this, there are still many variants available in this category.
Protein powder is an excellent food supplement to balance out the amount of protein in your body. Especially for the vegetarian people, who miss out largely on the protein intake, these protein powder supplements can be the trick to fill up on the same. In addition to this, there are various other advantages associated with the use of this wonder powder.
Some of the main reasons why you need to buy and use protein powder at the earliest are mentioned as follows.
Weight-loss and Control: For people who are struggling their way through the weight-loss journey, protein powder usage goes a long way to help. The proteins help you control your fat and calorie intake when taken as a meal replacement. This will eventually help you keep your weight under control and ease all the weight-loss activity.
Building Muscles: People who are into an intense workout for long hours or go under intense resistance training sessions require protein shakes all the time. The muscle tissues in the body tend to wear and tear with the activities. They must be rebuilt at a good pace which is done by these protein powder that easily gets mixed with the blood because they are taken with liquid.
For vegetarians: Vegetarians usually miss out on a large amount of protein which is why mostly protein deficiency is found in the vegans only. They need to complete the amount of ideal protein for strong muscles. The protein powder work as the perfect solution to keep up with the ideal protein count at a stable and correct stage.
Works as a healer: When an athlete or a gym trainee suffers an injury or a muscle injury to be specific, sometimes, the healing process needs a boost. The protein powder in those cases is the best thing to rely upon. Since they control the amount of protein intake and helps in building muscles, they naturally spruce up the healing process in case of an injury.
Reduces hunger and strengthens the immune system: The protein powders, when taken regularly as mean supplements help in bringing down the hunger levels. When protein levels are up to the mark, you are likely to take in lesser amounts of food. It also gives strength to the overall immune system of the body and not just the muscular part.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Protein Powder
Though the protein powder is excellent nutrition, there are some points that you would need to take into consideration before buying the correct type of protein powder for you.
Some of these important points have been listed as follows.
- Protein powder or Mass gainer: Protein powders are manufactured in various different types. There are some which are simple protein powders while there are others which are mass gainers and include fats and carbs along with proteins. So before going for the one, you need to check whether you are buying a mass gainer or a simple protein powder.
- Type of protein powder: As mentioned earlier, the protein is of 3 types: Whey, Soy, and Casein. Before going for the protein powder, you need to choose which kind of protein will you be willing to rely upon. Mostly, it is the whey protein that encounters the most use. However, you must choose according to your personal preferences as to which one would you be wanting.
- Look for natural ingredients: You must make it a habit of looking for the ingredients list before even considering the protein powder box. Try and look for the one which contains no more than 7-10 number of ingredients on their list. Also, the ones present must be consistent with more natural and organic elements than the other added ingredients.
- Company reviews: Lately, there have been a large number of companies that have been releasing their protein powder and other nutritional supplements. It is important to consider the reviews of the company and the product before buying the protein powder. The reviews and company history will be the best way to know how good is the protein powder in the overall aspects.
- Beware of false promises: Some companies tend to hype up the things a bit and come up with unrealistic phrases to catch your attention. Some might also overprice them. Before going for the correct protein powder, you need to thoroughly check for the ingredients and the other aspects mentioned above and choose the one which correctly satisfies all the requirements, nutrition-wise and budget-wise.
Protein powder supplements are a great way to keep up with the essential protein content in the body. As a result of a deficiency of protein, the muscle tends to wear and tear easily and the recovery process is essentially slowed down. Especially in the case of the vegans, the deficiency of essential proteins is found.
Therefore, to keep your muscles strong and boost up their strength and recovery speed, you can take these protein powder mixed into a shake or simple water as a meal supplement. With a lot of variants available in these, your taste buds won’t have to suffer. The ones available today have a great taste and can be blended with other tasty ingredients to truly enjoy its taste.
Also, protein powder and shakes are not only effective in building muscle mass, but they are also effective in controlling the weight. For those who are constantly trying to lose weight, they can go for these protein supplements to control their hunger levels which make them feel full for longer and hence limit the calorie intake on the whole.
Considering the type of brand which ideally suits your body, you can go around choosing from different types and flavors of these protein powders.